Thursday, 27 May 2010
Strength and weight gain
Benefits of GOMAD. GOMAD stands for Gallon Of Milk A Day. GOMAD is a weight gain method that has been going around since years. Some benefits of drinking 1 US gallon (6 pints) of whole milk daily:
1. Weight Gain. Weight gain is a common occurrence because of all the extra calories you are consuming.
2. Strength Gain. The protein & fat content in whole milk helps muscle & strength gains. The weight gain also helps strength gains.
3. Easy. Liquid food is easier to get in than solid food and digests faster. Milk also needs zero preparation and is easy to take with you.
4. Cheap. 1 gallon whole milk contains 2400kcal, 200g carbs, 120g fat, 120g protein and lots of vitamins & minerals for a relative low price.
5. Natural. Some say that GOMAD works even better than steroids with beginners who want to gain weight fast.
Permanent Gains. GOMAD teaches you to get more calories in, the key to weight gain. You’ll never be skinny again.
Why GOMAD Works. GOMAD equals 2400kcal. Eat every 3 hours and you’ll get 5000kcals/day. Eating this much will make most “hard gainers” gain weight. But GOMAD is not just about its high calorie intake.
1.High Protein. You need protein to build muscle & prevent muscle loss. 1 gallon of whole milk contains 120g protein. 20% whey, 80% casein.
What is the difference between protein?
Whey - Whey is essential in the muscle building world today because of its ability to be digested very fast. This allows the protein to become available for muscle building very quickly. Most commonly it is used after workouts to help increase levels of amino acids in the blood, which is taken up by the muscles to ultimately increase mass. In addition, during exercise, whey helps open up blood flow by inhibiting an angiotensin- converting enzyme; an enzyme which originally constricts blood vessels, and allows better flow of nutrients to necessary areas to help repair and rebuild muscle tissues.
Casein - Casein protein has an excellent amino acid profile and is primarily known as an extremely slow-digesting protein. Casein protein is a slow-digesting protein because it forms a “gel” in the gut, which results in a steady release of amino acids into the blood stream over time. Research shows that when you consume casein, you will reach a peak in blood amino acids and protein synthesis between three to four hours. The total release of amino acids in the bloodstream, however, can last as long as 7 hours after ingestion of casein protein
2. Saturated Fat. Increases testosterone levels, which means more muscle & strength. Don’t believe the cholesterol myths: saturated fat is healthy.
3. High Carb. The dextrose in whole milk spikes insulin, a muscle building hormone which tells your body to move the proteins into your muscles.
Let me know what you think? Any feedback would be great ;)