Sunday, 6 June 2010
How to Achieve your Fitness Goals.
The first question would be how do you train?
Does this sound familiar… 20min on some cardio machine such as treadmills, cross-trainer or bike? Or does this sound familiar Chest and biceps, Back and triceps, legs and shoulders. Or I’ll do my 2000 ab crunches and that will get me a 6 pack Anywhere between 3-5 times a week. Does this seem like you?
Ok now here is the big question. Are you getting results?…
What I am going to do is give you information that is going to help you get results and best part is, I am going to make it as simple as possible.
The most important thing with any sort of training is, HAVE A GOAL!
I have heard many people say I just want to be fit. My question is, be fit for what?
To get the best results with any training/ fitness program, you have to have specific goals or targets. It could be anything like I want to lose 5kg, I want to run 10k in less that an hour or I want to Deadlift 120kg. It could be anything you want it to be, but the most important thing is you need a target.
With a target it gives you more focus to achieve your end goal. With no goal you will NEVER get the results you want.
Here are 3 Steps to get started;
1. Give your self a goal
- Set your self a goal so you know exactly what result you want.
2. Give your self a time frame
- Time frames allows you set your self a time limit achieve your goal. This is an amazing tool to keep you focused on that target. Its also a great tool to develop to make sure every goal you do is attainable and not unrealistic (to lose 10kg in 1 day).
3. Have a plan and DO IT!!
- How will you do it? Having a training program is key to achieve your goal and by having a plan just makes everything so much easier.
- Lets get through the wall and get the results you want!!